Last updated 09/05/2019
We take your privacy seriously
At FM Swiss Logistics SA t/a Watchmakers we take your privacy seriously. If you have any questions about this policy, we can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can contact us at:
FM Swiss Logistics SA
Via Penate 16
CH – 6850 Mendrisio
While information is the cornerstone of our ability to provide superior service, our most important asset is our customers’ trust. Keeping customer information secure and using it only as our customers would want us to, is a top priority for all of us at Watchmakers. Here then, is our promise to our customers:
1. INFORMATION WE HAVE COLLECTED AND MAY COLLECT AND HOW
When you register on our Site and fill-in forms on our Site, either directly or through third party providers, we will collect some personal information from you, such as your name, company name, email address, country of origin, location and other data you upload or enter. This personal data is entered by you or shared by you through another social media service, in order to allow us to provide you with our services.
We may also collect data about your navigation of the Site on an aggregate basis, such as your Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address”), which is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you navigate the Site, your Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), your login frequency, the pages you visited within the Site, and the Internet browser or device you are using.
When you use www.watchmaker.ch , you may share your location data for us to optimize your experience or optimize the WATCHMAKERS newsletter that is part of our service for users.
Surveys are periodically conducted to collect information to help us improve the Site. All information collected through surveys will remain confidential, even if we use a third party to help us conduct the survey, unless otherwise indicated.
Any information you disclose in public areas of the Site may become public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these areas. We are not responsible for any use by third parties of personal information disclosed by you in public areas of the Site.
In order to facilitate the fulfilment of our services to our customers (for instance providing you with a watch or service quote), you may authorize WATCHMAKERS to provide private data to our manufacturing and service partners. Any such exchange only happens for the fulfilment of your request.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Site.
- Analytical/performance/statistical cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice city).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies may record your visit to the Site and the pages you have visited on our Site. We will use this information to make the Site more relevant to your interests.
3. WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Information collected may be used to provide and improve our products and service of the Site; for billing, identification and authentication purposes; to analyze the Site usage for statistical purposes; to manage and improve our products and the Site; to deliver administrative and informative notices and communications relevant to your use of our products and the Site; for internal market research; for troubleshooting problems; for detecting, protecting against and preventing fraudulent or other criminal activity; for distribution to third party contractors who provide services to us (such as our email server) who are bound by our privacy restrictions or restrictions at least as restrictive as those set forth in this policy; to enforce our Terms of Service.
4. WITH WHOM WE SHARE
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries for outsourcing purposes (i.e. where such member of our group provides services for and on our behalf).
Partners may sponsor special member offers, promotions, privileges or contests that require you to disclose personal information to benefit from them. We will never disclose private customer data, including email addresses, to partners without your prior express consent.
We may disclose your personal information:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- to identify, contact or bring legal action against you if you are violating our Terms of Service or other rules or if we believe you are causing injury or interference with the rights of members, the general public or WATCHMAKERS;
if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us will be some of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others.
5. OPTING IN OR OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS
If you supply us with your postal address, you may receive mailings from us with information on new products and services. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
To ensure removal from any lists, please provide us with your exact name, email and address when communicating with us.
6. WHERE WE STORE/TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA
7. DATA RETENTION POLICY
WATCHMAKERS may retain information submitted by you, ensuring that you will benefit from communications at a later point in time. If you de-register from all WATCHMAKERS Services, we may retain information submitted by you or collected from you, for such time as is reasonably necessary for backup, archival and/or audit purposes, to prevent fraud or other criminal activity, or prevent violation of our Terms of Service and for such time as may be required by applicable laws.
We will remove personal information by deleting it from our database if required to do so by law. We will also delete personal information upon your request in line with the right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) according to Art. 17 GDPR and similar local and national regulations elsewhere (depending on your residency). According to Art. 16 GDPR (and similar local and national regulations elsewhere), following the right to rectification, we will also rectify inaccurate personal data concerning you (for both, send e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org).
We regularly review the way we collect, store and process information, including physical security measures, in order to protect our systems from any unauthorized access.
Access to any personal information is limited to WATCHMAKERS employees, contractors and agents, to the extent relevant to their job duties (such as processing certain information). Anyone with access to private data is bound by strict confidentiality obligations.
8. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Swiss-Act, GDPR and other local and national regulations give you the right to access personal data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with these Acts, subject to any fees that WATCHMAKERS may be permitted to charge you under such Acts (send e-mail request to email@example.com).
9. NOTIFICATION OF NEW USES